boot-time accessibility issues

At Samuel Thibault's suggestion, I'm bringing some boot-time accessibility issues to this list.  Please excuse any naivete on my part; I'm not an expert on many of these topics.

As I understand it, Orca is generally installed as a dependency of a desktop.  This makes me wonder whether a server system would (or should) have it.  This isn't an idle question: Ubuntu Server is available for the Raspberry Pi 4, but Ubuntu MATE is not.

Next, assume that a blind user has just installed a Debian-based system (e.g., Raspbian, Ubuntu) on a RasPi.  If they want to access it via SSH, they'll need a running SSH daemon and a way to determine the RasPi's IP address.  Avahi seems to be the Golden Path for zero-configuration networking on Linux.  Might it be possible to enable this by default?

-r

P.S.  I realize that Raspbian and Ubuntu have their own development teams, but it seems logical to start at the headwaters (Debian), then move downstream.