Re: Debian systemd-boot options on Debian Installer support

Hi!

On Wed, Jan 29, 2020 at 02:23:47PM +0700, Fun Society wrote:
>Hi, can you guys add/provide systemd-boot option on the Debian installer?
>Because some of the UEFI laptop not supported grub bootloader, The bios
>automatically delete boot entry if the name of the grub boot entry not "Linux"
>and grub installation by Debian installer is named Debian so the machine won't
>detect the os.

Joy. Do you have examples of machines where this happens?

>The machine will boot if the grub is installed with this specific command:
>grub-install --target=x86_64-efi --boot-directory=esp --bootloader-id="Linux"
>
>Which is not the command provided by the Debian installer.

Maybe submit a wishlist bug to ask for support for a specific name then?

>So I suggest systemd-boot should be added as options for bootloader
>installation on the Debian installer. The BIOS can automatically detect OS by
>systemd-boot.
>
>This probably happened on windows only supported os.

How would systemd-boot work any differently here, out of interest?

< liw> everything I know about UK hotels I learned from "Fawlty Towers"