Von: Geert Stappers <stappers@stappers.nl>
Gesendet: Fri Oct 04 22:16:55 GMT+02:00 2019
An: debian-boot@lists.debian.org
Betreff: Re: Custom GPG key for custom mirror within debian-installer

On Fri, Oct 04, 2019 at 04:40:40PM +0200, Robert Paschedag wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I'm a bit stuck in installing buster via netinst.
>
> Previously, I used the normal installation DVD as source and provided that as a "mirror" with
> the preseed configuration (via a webserver)
>
> Since buster, this does not work anymore as "apt" now requires the repositories to be signed,
> which - of course - is a good idea.
>
> The problem is, that I'm unable to set a custom gpg key for a custom mirror, as I'm able to
> specify a custom GPG key for a "local" repository (bug just fixed within 10.1 (https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=851774)).
>
> AND.....setting "allow_unauthenticated" to true does NOT work. I have this set already.
>
> What "would" work (not that beautiful) is
>
> - set the "custom" mirror as "[trusted=yes]" within https://salsa.debian.org/installer-team/apt-setup/blob/master/generators/50mirror or
> - also add the possibility to add custom GPG keys for a "mirror" (just like for a local repository) or
> - also set "Acquire::AllowInsecureRepositories" to "1" within
>   https://salsa.debian.org/installer-team/base-installer/blob/master/library.sh#L172
>
> After my setup fails, and enter a "shell", setting the "Acquire::AllowInsecureRepositories" to "true" (1), the "apt-get update"
> succeeds (with warnings present).

I would go for option two:
 - add custom GPG keys for a "mirror" (just like for a local repository)

My approach would be a cpio? file that the bootloader sees as initrd extension.

No, I'm not 100% sure it will lead to succes. It is only based on this
- initrd has GPG information on which (Debian) keys to trust
- bootloaders can fetch multiple initrd files and represent its content
  as single file tree to the kernel

> Any help will be appreciated.

It is what I can offer right now.  Feel free to come with follow-up questions.

Groeten
Geert Stappers
--
Leven en laten leven