D-I on riscv64 / new "u-boot-menu-installer" udeb

Hello everybody,

I'm working on riscv64 architecture support in d-i and most of
the necessary bits and pieces for having a basic working d-i on
riscv64 are already in the archive.  The one missing bit is a
udeb taking care of the "make the system bootable" step.  I have
written a small "u-boot-menu-installer" udeb to handle that part
(https://salsa.debian.org/merker/u-boot-menu-installer/) and have
two questions regarding how to proceed further with it:

- As the udeb only contains shell scripts, in conformance with
  normal policy rules I have marked it as an arch:all package
  that currently limits its execution to riscv64 with an
  "isinstallable" file, i.e. it would potentially be pulled in
  by other architectures as well, although only actually executed
  on riscv64 for now.  From a technical point of view, it is
  completely architecture-agnostic and could be used on all
  architectures that use a sufficiently modern mainline u-boot as
  their boot firmware.

  My question is whether I should make it an architecture-
  dependent package despite it technically being arch:all, in
  particular to cater for the d-i size issues that we have on
  some armel platforms.

- I would like to move the git repository into the installer-team
  namespace on salsa once the question above is answered and the
  package can be uploaded to unstable.  Any objections to that?

Regards,
Karsten
--
Ich widerspreche hiermit ausdrücklich der Nutzung sowie der
Weitergabe meiner personenbezogenen Daten für Zwecke der Werbung