Re: Debian Installer Buster RC 1 release

On Fri, Apr 19, 2019 at 12:37:56PM +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:

> Hmmm, odd. Have you done anything special with the SB key setup on
> this machine, like reset the keys database or similar?

Not intentionally, but maybe Ubuntu did during installation.

History:
 - The machine came with Windows 10 preinstalled and SB enabled
 - Being unable to turn off SB and hence install Debian (2 years ago),
   I tried Ubuntu and Fedora, whose live CDs worked like a charm
 - As an interim solution until Debian gets SB support I decided to
   install Ubuntu
 - I vaguely remeber some questions regarding SB (create passphrase
   and then after reboot type few characters from that passphrase??)
 - Due to a bug in network card driver I decided to try Fedora with
   newer kernel - no SB questions there, it just worked, but I could
   not accomodate to their tools
 - Last fall I installed Windows 10 again since I needed one windows
   program to test - no SB related questions there
 - Seeing d-i RC1 announcement I decided to finally install Debian and
   here we are

I am open to suggestions to try on this machine.

--
Miroslav Kure