Re: Problem: UUIDs not being used everywhere for disks in stretch

Actually...

On Sat, Apr 06, 2019 at 04:36:59PM +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:

>We need to run update-dev *after* the filesystem creation scripts and
>this fixes things. I've just copiet it to 99update-dev locally while
>testing and that made all the difference. It could probably also just
>be moved instead of copied - at this point I'm not sure if anything in
>the other scripts also depend on the udev updates for their
>functionality. Fundamentally, it's a fairly harmless thing to run
>repeatedly so I'm tempted to just run it twice. Thoughts?

I think we're definitely going to need this, actually - new device
entries may not show up otherwise.

I'm also seeing in my testing that I *do* need to force a "udevadm
trigger" in the second script. Fundametally, it you don't get new
kernel events when a mkfs happens so udev will never notice.

Dance like no one's watching. Encrypt like everyone is.
 - @torproject