Re: Debian-installer/grub-installer: proposal for template change

Hi,

John Paul Adrian Glaubitz <glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de> wrote:
> On 11/19/19 8:06 PM, Holger Wansing wrote:
> > It's unclear, what the "new system" is supposed to be.
> > So above patch to clarity.
>
> Why would that be unclear? When you just finished an installation, I
> think the term "your new system" is pretty unambiguous in the context.

'The new xyz' tends to be error-prone IMO, since what is 'new' today, gets
older every day and some day it's the 'old' one.
Of course, this picture does not fully apply to the above situation, I know,
but I would like to avoid such phrasing if possible.

Also, 'system' is a term which is used for different instances, like the
real hardware PC (like in 'PC system'), the operating system (like Debian,
Windows ...) or virtual operating systems...
Thus, users might get confused, and in fact I read an installation report
(not in the Debian BTS), where this was mentioned.

Holger

--
Holger Wansing <hwansing@mailbox.org>
PGP-Fingerprint: 496A C6E8 1442 4B34 8508  3529 59F1 87CA 156E B076