Re: udeb dependencies

On Wed, Oct 16, 2019 at 03:38:35PM -0400, Lonnie Cumberland wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 16, 2019 at 3:16 PM Geert Stappers wrote:
> > On Wed, Oct 16, 2019 at 01:08:54PM -0400, Lonnie Cumberland wrote:
> > > Greetings All,
> > >
> > > I have been able to build D-I on Buster with no problems and now want to
> > > add a package to test, but am getting a lot of dependency issues:
> >    ...  33+ lines  ...
> > > I know that these packages exist as DEB packages but I do not know if it is
> > > possible to include DEB packages as well as uDEB packages.
> > >
> > > Do all of these need to be remade into uDEB packages?
> > >
> > > Any assistance would be truly appreciated.
> >
> > Assistance on the chosen road or assistance to the unstated goal?
> >

> I really just trying to learn more about how the Debian Installer works so
> that perhaps I can contribute in the near future as well as learning how to
> achieve the goals that I am trying to accomplish by being able to simple
> add a package to learn what it takes to achieve that objective.

In other words: Assistance on the "road".
OK, fine.

> My estimation is that the mailing list along with reading all of the
> information that I can find (i.e. D-I wiki, etc...) should be a good start
> towards that path.

Yes.  What also helps is having something in D-I that you want to
change.

> Is the requirement of the D-I that all core packages come from uDEB
> packages?

Please rewrite that  yes-no-question in a more open question.

Regards
Geert Stappers
* Does read this mailinglist
* Does write to mailinglist with a "here I might be helpfull" mindset
* Uses email program that has three reply buttons
** Reply Mailinglist
--
Leven en laten leven