Your changes at Hosted Weblate: debian-installer

Hi,

yesterday you made a big bunch of modifications in the Weblate project of the
debian-installer:
https://hosted.weblate.org/projects/debian-installer/

With this modifications, you simply changed many question marks into fullstops,
for example.

I'm not very happy with someone doing such changings while that person cannot
speak that language himself/herself.

Why?
When the original translator has translated the message, while thinking it's
a question, it's probably not enough to just change the question mark into a
fullstop. Instead, there maybe are more changings needed, to convert the
question into a statement or a status message.

An example (here in English):
If you have the question "Install GRUB into the master boot record?"
but it has to say "We are currently installing GRUB into the master boot
record", it has to become
"Installing GRUB into the master boot record"

Means, there may be changings needed within the wording as well, not only at
the question mark.

And such changings in wording can only be done by a mother tongue translator,
to make the message really correct.
Therefore, I have marked all your changed messages as "Needs editing" now,
so that it does not get used in the installer anymore.

For the future, I would recommend to not make such changings in languages,
that you do not understand yourself.
It might look as an improvement, since you fixed warnings, that were shown
within Weblate, however the resulting translation may still not be correct.

Regards
Holger, as translation coordinator for the debian-installer

--
Holger Wansing <hwansing@mailbox.org>
PGP-Fingerprint: 496A C6E8 1442 4B34 8508  3529 59F1 87CA 156E B076