Re: D-I on riscv64 / new "u-boot-menu-installer" udeb

Hi Karsten

On Mon, Aug 19, 2019 at 08:36:58AM +0200, Karsten Merker wrote:
> - As the udeb only contains shell scripts, in conformance with
>   normal policy rules

Normal policy only applies pretty limited to udebs.

>                       I have marked it as an arch:all package
>   that currently limits its execution to riscv64 with an
>   "isinstallable" file, i.e. it would potentially be pulled in
>   by other architectures as well, although only actually executed
>   on riscv64 for now.

This is broken for udebs.  See lilo-installer as an example.

> - I would like to move the git repository into the installer-team
>   namespace on salsa once the question above is answered and the
>   package can be uploaded to unstable.  Any objections to that?

All udeb only packages are maintained there.  Everything else might give
weird reponses by people.

Bastian

--
Men of peace usually are [brave].
		-- Spock, "The Savage Curtain", stardate 5906.5