Re: Bug: Buster 10.0 Testing 20190617 Image LiveCD Will Not Boot

Hi John,

> Using the LiveCD LXDE image of 20190617 Will not boot to Live
> Image.
>
> Messages flash very quickly that make it difficult to see the
> actual messages.  Adding the "debug" option to the boot command
> line for the LiveCD boot has no impact on the speed or type of
> error occurring.
>
> The best I can see from several attempts to boot the LiveCD
> image is some sort of error in the options for booting the
> LiveCD image.
>
> If one chooses any other menu option to boot such as installing
> Debian there is no error and the image boots to the install or
>  intended menu item of initial boot splash screen to select
> what one wants.
>
> This is actually not strictly a Buster  Testing 10.x error.
> This is fact also occurs more selectively with Debian Stretch
> 9.9.0 and many prior versions.  I will skip the messy details
> of how I have played the bugs against each other to workaround
> what is in essence the same bug.

Just some general question:
Did you verify the checksums of the images you downloaded?
They are in the same directory where the iso images are placed.

Did you have a chance to try them on a different PC or with kvm?

Also there are official debian-live-10.0.0... isos now available. :)

Best wishes
Michael