Re: Building CD images including firmware

Hi Adrian!

On Wed, May 08, 2019 at 09:10:54AM +0200, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:

>I would like to build the CD images for Debian Ports including firmware
>since some hardware, especially Alpha machines, won't be able to install
>without firmware for their storage controllers.
>
>Is there a guide somewhere which summarizes the steps for the official
>way to build the unofficial firmware images?

I'm afraid not, this is YA place where things are not documented very
well at all. There's an extra set of options to pass in to the
debian-cd build, basically. Look at

https://salsa.debian.org/images-team/setup/blob/master/buster/cronjob.daily

and compare the cases for INSTALLER_CD=C (i.e. netinst with firmware)
and INSTALLER_CD=2 (normal netinst without).

There's no sensation to compare with this
Suspended animation, A state of bliss