Re: Heads-up: new lintian error: no-human-maintainers

Hi,

Sean Whitton <spwhitton@spwhitton.name> (2019-04-25):
> On Mon 22 Apr 2019 at 11:03AM -07, Russ Allbery wrote:
>
> > This was a request from ftpmaster so that they had a contact point for
> > each package in the case of any problems.  If they're happy for this
> > requirement to be removed for d-i packages, we're happy to update Policy
> > accordingly.  Presumably the d-i team is the contact for anything related
> > to udebs, so that may fulfill their requirement.  (If they're unhappy, we
> > should talk more about it.)
>
> Hmm, I think you might be forgetting a bit of context -- unless I'm
> forgetting something, the main opposition to the 2017 attempt to kill
> the human uploaders requirement was that it would make the MIA process
> more difficult for the MIA team to carry out.
>
> Both members and non-members of the MIA team were arguing that.  I do
> not believe the ftpmasters were involved in that discussion at all.
>
> ISTM that an exception for d-i packages would be much less
> controversial.

I don't really see what's so specific about d-i here. We have a number
of packages with a well-identified point of contact. Arguably all of
debian-*@lists.debian.org could be considered this way (at the very
least debian-boot@ and debian-x@, with which I've been involved).

Cheers,