Re: [buster] query about status of installation-guide and d-i release notes

Hi Holger,

On 25-04-2019 08:11, Holger Wansing wrote:
> Paul Gevers <elbrus@debian.org> wrote:
> First, I wonder why you ask personally me for this.

Because the task was originally self-assigned to kibi and was documented
on the wiki [1] as "ask Holger".

> Why not ask the debian-boot team?

See above. I didn't intent at all to keep this away from them.

> Second: now that you have asked, the installation-guide should be mostly
> release-ready; one can consider an exception here, which is Secure Boot.
> This functionality has been added in a last minute rush into the installer,
> and thus is not properly documented in the installation-guide.
> However, the guide is still release-ready despite this, if you ask me.

Good to know. Thanks.

> When it comes to the release-notes, I mailed a short proposal for this to
> debian-boot weeks ago, but got no answer.
> And I already pointed you to this mail some days ago.

Ack. I noted the reply and thanks for that as well.

Paul