Re: Installer can't find network interface on Intel NUC BOXNUC8i3BEH1

On Wed, 2019-02-13 at 16:17 -0500, Laurent Dumont wrote:
> I'm not sure if it's the exact same case but I had the same issue with a
> more recent motherboard. Debian failed to detect the network card with the
> E1000 drivers.
>
> I tried an iso with the non free repo without success.
>
> A base Ubuntu iso install was able to detect and configure the network
> driver.
>
> I'll see if I can find the adapter version. It was an Intel based adapter.
[...]

Unfortunately the various chips supported by e1000e are all subtly
different and each new chip seems to need extra code in the driver.
Debian 9 still has Linux 4.9 and we haven't backported those driver
changes.

There is supposed to be an optional installer build that uses a newer
kernel version, but that hasn't officially happened yet.

At this point you might be better off using the alpha release of the
installer for Debian 10 "buster".

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
When in doubt, use brute force. - Ken Thompson