Re: arm64 graphical installer

On 2019-01-19 11:12 +0000, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> [ Adding CC to debian-arm for interest ]
>
> On Sat, Jan 19, 2019 at 03:39:44AM +0000, Wookey wrote:
> >I've done some work on getting the graphical installer going on arm64.
>
> \o/
>
> >I was not able to demonstrate that the resulting build works fully,
> >because when it tries to boot the kernel I get "Error: Invalid Magic
> >number..., you need to load the kernel first". No idea why that's
> >changed due to adding more module packages? Clues welcome.

OK, this turned out to be 'pulled USB stick out before it was fully
written' (forgot the fsync option).

So in fact it does boot fine with lots of extra modules, but still no
working keyboard/mouse input.

For this fairly basic X server what is it expecting as input device?
Is it using udev?, /dev/events?, libinput?, evdev? something else?
(I'm a bit vague about how this fits together). It all works fine when
I boot into X with standard debian. Comparing module lists and Xorg
logs...

on real debian its using 'driver libinput':
[  1411.187] (II) Using input driver 'libinput' for 'LITE-ON Technology USB NetVista Full Width Keyboard.'
[  1411.187] (**) LITE-ON Technology USB NetVista Full Width Keyboard.: always reports core events
[  1411.187] (**) Option "Device" "/dev/input/event2"
[  1411.187] (**) Option "_source" "server/udev"

on D-I (netboot-gtk) we have:
xserver-xorg-input-evdev-udeb
udev-udeb
libevdev2-udeb
kbd-udeb
x11-xkb-utils-udeb
xkb-data-udeb
input-modules
uinput-modules
usb-modules

but not:
xserver-xorg-input-libinput-udeb
or libinput (which does not have udebs for any arch, so presumably not relevant)

Is that expected?

Wookey
http://wookware.org/