Re: Multiple console support in d-i

On Sat, 2019-01-19 at 11:08 +0000, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> >So far I have done a proof-of-concept hack and demonstrated that
> >running two instances does in fact work nicely without anything
> >obvious breaking. The console selection still needs some work/checking
> >(I've run out of time for that tonight, but it can easily be fished
> >out of the kernel command line args. (or we could get fancier).
>
> Nod. Potentially we might end up of running on multiple
> consoles.

IIRC (and it hasn't changed in the years since I knew this stuff) we
already have this on some of the netconsole install images for
arm{el,hf}, you end up with an installer on serial and one on the ssh
connection. Not an identical situation since I think the second one is
only spawned when you login via ssh, but some sort of precedence I
guess!

Ian.