Re: Multiple console support

On 19/01/19 5:27 PM, Wookey wrote:
> This problem doesn't arise on x86 where there is 'always' a screen (or
> some BIOs magic to reflect what would be on the screen to serial).

Is that true? I'm sure the Soekris box I've got (in storage)
(admittedly, probably not a supported cpu any more) only has serial. And
only server-class machines generally do the redirection, don't they?
There are plenty of use cases for a headless machine that doesn't need
to be expensive, where serial would be useful and a screen inconvenient.

Is there a disadvantage to doing the same thing on all arches?

Richard