Re: UEFI Secure Boot changes in d-i and live images

On Sun, Jan 13, 2019 at 07:23:43PM +0000, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> Hi folks,

Hi Steve,

> I've just pushed changes to a few bits of d-i this weekend to make SB
> work for amd64:

Epic!! This is fantastic news :)

> The effect of these changes is that the next daily and weekly debian
> installer images (tomorrow) should Just Work (TM) end-to-end with UEFI
> Secure Boot. The changes to efi-image also mean that our next live
> image builds will do SB (for live and installation).
>
> I'll test all these again in the next couple of days to verify that
> things have pulled through as I expect, then it's time to post to
> d-d-a and write a blog too. We've made great progress already. These
> last changes just tie it all together for end users.

I've just given a try to the build of this night on my
locked-down-beyond-any-doubt laptop.

It does not boot but it gets to the grub menu (see attached picture)
going throught the shim (I see a "Botting in insecure mode" along the
way). I think that w.r.t EFI SB, it's all fine.

Thank you to everybody involved in this more bit of freedom.

Kind regards,
Domenico

--
3B10 0CA1 8674 ACBA B4FE  FCD2 CE5B CF17 9960 DE13