grub hangs at end of installing buster amd 64

I install buster alpha10 from a medium i have used successfully 2 or 3 times before.

The installation is on a x86_64 system and the installation runs smoothly. At the end, the grub hangs with

    grub install on /dev/sdb  (sdb is my harddrive)

I find on one of the terminals (alt-F4?) information which is repeated over and over:

    xx not initialized in udev database

and xx cycles through all partitions (especially the LVM partitions). I had setup the LVM before starting the installer and just selected three LVM partitions for / /home and swap. There was nothing irregular observed about the LVM system.

Starting the system with another OS (stretch) and running update-grub and grub-install shows the new deb10 buster installation. However, trying to start the new installed system hangs then with

    running /scripts/local-block

and fails.

Is there a method to avoid this problem? A step to correct the error without restarting the full installation procedure?

andrew

--
em.o.Univ.Prof. Dr. sc.techn. Dr. h.c. Andrew U. Frank
Geoinformation, TU Wien          +43 1 58801 12700 office