Re: RfC: New LVM volume size restriction prompt

On Tue, Aug 14, 2018 at 02:08:06PM +0200, Philipp Kern wrote:
>Hi,
>
>https://salsa.debian.org/installer-team/partman-auto-lvm/merge_requests/1/diffs?commit_id=ac7bdd5b4e3cbeec24c7ecdd5e96f8fcfa7b9ee1
>aims to import a patch from Ubuntu to introduce an additional prompt to the
>guided LVM setup that asks about how much of the LVM volume group to fill up.
>I've attached a screenshot of the question. It's asked at high priority right
>now.
>
>Question 1: Is it ok to introduce this prompt? I think it's valuable to ask
>as resizing after the fact is annoying. And it defaults to the full volume
>group, which is the current behavior.

While I understand that some people don't like adding extra questions,
I think this one makes sense. This feature looks like an obviously
good thing to add, and I've seen quite a few people ask about this
over the last few years. Code looks good, particularly if it's
borrowed straight from Colin's code in Ubuntu.

>Question 2: Is sublevel 3 the right one for this question? It does come with
>Ubuntu's set of translations already. I hope that those are ok to import as
>well.

Pass, no idea...

"I can't ever sleep on planes ... call it irrational if you like, but I'm
 afraid I'll miss my stop" -- Vivek Das Mohapatra