Re: D-I Internals manual

Hi,

(And sorry for the lag.)

Holger Wansing <linux@wansing-online.de> (2018-06-27):
> today I have committed changes to push the Debian Installer
> Internationalization and Localization Guide (aka d-i internals manual)
> to www.
>
> I created a new directory at dillon:
> /srv/d-i.debian.org/www/d-i-internals for this and added a cron job
> (actually disabled) to build that daily.  Since it's a really small
> manual, no real load added to dillon.

Thanks, that looks good to me.

> Is this ok for you?
> Any impacts I forgot, or something could be done better/different?
> We could also add a directory like "doc" under www and put all d-i
> documentation together...

> And: should we rename "manual" into "installation-guide" now, to
> reflect the changed official name? (Ah, there could be many places,
> which link to the old url.  That's also an argument to not move it
> into a doc subfolder.)

doc/installation-guide is a bit lengthy but grouping everything under
doc/ would make sense. Regarding the old URL, having a redirection
from manual to there would only cost a few lines of index.html?

If we agree for doc/, having doc/internals would look good too I
suppose?

Cheers,