Fw: Re: [installation-guide] convert xml-based translation to po format

Mail did not make it to the list, because of the attachment size ...
Po files sent to Miroslav.

Date: Mon, 21 May 2018 12:13:40 +0200
From: Holger Wansing <linux@wansing-online.de>
To: Miroslav Kure <kurem@upcase.inf.upol.cz>
Cc: debian-boot <debian-boot@lists.debian.org>
Subject: Re: [installation-guide] convert xml-based translation to po format

Hi,

Holger Wansing <hwansing@mailbox.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Miroslav Kure <kurem@upcase.inf.upol.cz> wrote:
> > > The workflow for xml-based translation is based on the svn revision numbers,
> > > which are no longer available now, since the repository has been moved to git.
> > > Because of that, there is now a problem to get this workflow running again
> > > for git.
> >
> > There is no problem for me, as I keep copy of the last translated
> > version of the files, so I can easily diff with trunk and translate
> > what was changed since the last time, not relying on the SVN numbers.
> >
> > > Do you have any objections against the conversion to po format for Czech?
> > > For po format we have a possible way to get the workflow running again.
> >
> > I am not too fond of having longer texts in PO format, but I guess you
> > can try to run the conversion script so we can see how much work it
> > would require to clean up after the conversion.

I have completed the conversion now.
The resulting po files are attached.
The manual builds fine based on that files.

The xml version was partly not in exact sync with English, so the automatic
conversion did not work at all for some chapters.
This all results in several fuzzies and untranslated strings.
Please update the attached files.

Thanks
Holger

Created with Sylpheed 3.5.1 under
	D E B I A N   L I N U X   9   " S T R E T C H " .