Non-ascii characters broken in d-i [ Re: Debian-Installer: Issue with Tajik characters ]

Hi,

<victor.ibragimov@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> It looks like something went wrong with Tajik characters for Debian-installer.
> Could you please, help to resolve the issue. Please, see the attached capture with broken characters.

The problem is not specific to Tajik !!!
It seems there is something generic broken in the installer.
A screenshot of the languagechooser screen is attached, where several broken
characters can be seen (in Arabic, Belarusian, Bulgarian, Chinese, Czech and
Greek, for example). Please also note the broken alignment of the right frame
border.

This seems however be limited to the text-based installer.
The graphical installer looks fine here.

So, Victor, you can use the graphical installer frontend, to check your translations.
(At least for me it looks fine with qemu. See the second screenshot attached.)

> Also, It looks like Tajik translations for Country names and Timezone have not been applied to the
> latest iso image to check. I use this one (GTK) for tests: https://d-i.debian.org/daily-images/i386/daily/netboot/gtk/
> Should check Tajik translations for Country names and Timezone from the other source or iso build?

Your latest ISO-codes changings have not been uploaded yet.

Holger

--
Holger Wansing <hwansing@mailbox.org>
PGP-Finterprint: 496A C6E8 1442 4B34 8508  3529 59F1 87CA 156E B076