Re: Access request to Salsa for Debian Installer translations (Romanian)

Hi,

John Paul Adrian Glaubitz <glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de> wrote:

> > On Nov 20, 2018, at 10:54 PM, Holger Wansing <hwansing@mailbox.org> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,

> >> Isn’t it enough to just send pull requests with the translation updates?
> >
> > I'm unsure what this means in real life:
> > translator requests to include their translation via salsa, and a team member
> > needs to accept them?
>
> Yes, exactly this :-).

So, where is the benefit compared to the way, giving translators commit access
themself?

Of course, we limit access to the git repo, which can be considered as a pro.
But to achieve that, we need more manpower for doing the "accept pull requests"
jobs, that's the contra site.

Since manpower is always an issue on platforms like Debian, I would vote for
the "give translators commit access" way :-)

Holger

--
Holger Wansing <hwansing@mailbox.org>
PGP-Finterprint: 496A C6E8 1442 4B34 8508  3529 59F1 87CA 156E B076