Re: Bug#905135: task-kde-desktop is not installable
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, debian-boot <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Bug#905135: task-kde-desktop is not installable
- From: Holger Wansing <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2018 20:42:42 +0200
- Message-id: <[🔎] email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <CACGFXtWtXoMeqqzYwgEXOp0_q1VkofdODUb1=mGTgfyJvdRDPg@mail.gmail.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <CACGFXtWQfBC3L5AzQb_kOa47D-TXw7mH-nHo3ZptotY0yW69EA@mail.gmail.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <CACGFXtWtXoMeqqzYwgEXOp0_q1VkofdODUb1=mGTgfyJvdRDPg@mail.gmail.com>
> Ah, thanks, apt-get updating makes it work now.
So I'm closing this bug.
> Regards, Thue
> Den tir. 31. jul. 2018 kl. 19.10 skrev Ben Hutchings <firstname.lastname@example.org>:
> > On Tue, 2018-07-31 at 17:23 +0200, email@example.com wrote:
> > > I don't have pinned packages, and my mirror seems up-to-date.
> > >
> > > Looking through a troublesome dependency of task-kde-desktop, I get
> > >
> > kde-standard->akregator->libkf5grantleetheme5->libkf5xmlgui5->qtbase-abi-5-10-0
> > >
> > > libkf5xmlgui5 from my "apt-cache show" is the same version as the latest
> > at
> > > https://packages.debian.org/sid/libkf5xmlgui5 (5.47.0-1)
> > No, the latest is 5.47.0-1+b1. An important difference: the release
> > team triggered a binNMU (rebuild) to fix this dependency problem.
> > > According to https://packages.debian.org/sid/qtbase-abi-5-10-0
> > > , qtbase-abi-5-10-0 is a virtual package provided by libqt5core5a.
> > >
> > > The version of libqt5core5a from my "apt-cache show" is the same as on
> > > https://packages.debian.org/sid/libqt5core5a (5.11.1+dfsg-6, and is in
> > fact
> > > already installed on my system)
> > >
> > > I am confused. libkf5xmlgui5 has some funky architecture-dependent
> > > dependencies on qtbase-abi-5-10-0 vs qtbase-abi-5-11-0; perhaps it has
> > > something to do with that?
> > [...]
> > It has not been rebuilt for unofficial ports (yet). I think the
> > release team does not trigger binNMUs for them.
> > Ben.
> > --
> > Ben Hutchings
> > [W]e found...that it wasn't as easy to get programs right as we had
> > thought. I realized that a large part of my life from then on was going
> > to be spent in finding mistakes in my own programs.
> > - Maurice Wilkes, 1949
Holger Wansing <firstname.lastname@example.org>
PGP-Finterprint: 496A C6E8 1442 4B34 8508 3529 59F1 87CA 156E B076