Re: auto url=example.com/preseed.file WITH PROXY?

On Fri, Sep 28, 2018 at 10:49:08AM +0200, Patrick Hieber wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I would like to automate a Debian installation with a pressed file. The
> challenge I am facing is that I am forced to use a proxy to fetch the preseed
> conf file from the mentioned URL. Any ideas how to solve this? I have checked
> the developer website (http://hands.com/d-i/) but the proxy argument is not
> mentioned.

You can preseed any question from the kernel command line, including the proxy
one. The general syntax is:

question=value

In the case of the proxy question, that would be:

mirror/http/proxy=http://proxy.example.com:3128/

--
Could you people please use IRC like normal people?!?

  -- Amaya Rodrigo Sastre, trying to quiet down the buzz in the DebConf 2008
     Hacklab