Trying to preseed, almost there but got hangup

Hi

I'm trying to preseed a debian installation in qemu. I got very far but while preseeding the last commands the installer seems to hang, and I get no output.

Are there some suggestions on how I can debug or get diagnostics? I put syslog to /dev/console by modifying the initrd. (is the initrd created by some automatic process somewhere?)

I had some issues switching to a different vty probably due to qemu and host X window interaction, not being able to pass alt+f2 to the guest.  (sendkey ctrl-alt-f2) didn't produce a shell

Thanks!

Pedro.