Re: D-I Internals manual

Hi,

Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org> wrote:
> Holger Wansing <linux@wansing-online.de> (2018-07-31):
> > I have no strong preference here, grouping everything together under
> > doc/ is fine by me.
> >
> > But, isn't a redirect from the old to the new URL a thing to do in
> > apache config?
>
> I almost mentioned “or .htaccess” but I don't think we can control this
> directly. At least from a quick look at dsa-puppet.git:
> modules/roles/templates/static-mirroring/vhost/static-vhosts-simple.erb
>
> https://salsa.debian.org/dsa-team/mirror/dsa-puppet/blob/master/modules/roles/templates/static-mirroring/vhost/static-vhosts-simple.erb

Seems I have thought way to complicated.

I did it now on a simpler basis:
- I created a dir "doc" under /srv/d-i.debian.org/www/ on dillon
- in that "doc" I created a dir "installation-guide", which currently
  contains an index.html (as an example file)
- I created a symlink "manual" which points to "installation-guide"

Now, that example "index.html" is reachable via
https://d-i.debian.org/doc/installation-guide/index.html
and via
https://d-i.debian.org/doc/manual/index.html

So, is it this, what we want? Simply a symlink on dillon?

Holger

Created with Sylpheed 3.5.1 under
	D E B I A N   L I N U X   9   " S T R E T C H " .