Re: Q: What's the relationship between Secure Boot and debootstrap?

On Tue, 2018-07-31 at 17:11 +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 10:52:00PM +0800, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> > On Tue, 2018-07-31 at 21:17 +0800, Hideki Yamane wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > >  During "Report from the Debian EFI team about the support of
> > > Secure
> > >  Boot on Debian" session, you said that maybe we should touch
> > > debootstrap,
> > >  but I'm not sure what should we do for it.
> > >
> > >  Could you explain your thought for it, please?
> >
> > I didn't understand that remark either.
> >
> > Perhaps it was meant to refer to other tools using debootstrap,
> > like
> > vmdb2, that also install a boot loader.
>
> That kind of thing, yes. Should have been clearer. Debootstrap itself
> doesn't install a kernel or bootloader, which were the packages I was
> thinking about.

I might have shared this before and apologies if so - but just in case
it can be useful, here's how we implemented this in live-build to
create a secure-boot compatible live bootable image:

https://salsa.debian.org/live-team/live-build/blob/master/scripts/build/binary_grub-efi#L149

--
Kind regards,
Luca Boccassi