Re: Salsa

On Sat, Jan 27, 2018 at 11:46:30AM +0000, Chris Boot wrote:
> I have added the following people to the project as members:
> { Alioth Role / Position } => { GitLab Role }
> Admin => Owner
> Senior Developer => Master
> Developer => Developer
>
> I haven't added "Junior Developers" yet because I'm not convinced that
> GitLab has an equivalent. The next level down from Developer is
> Reporter. Shall I just add Junior Developers as Developers?

It always depends on what you think this people should be allowed to do.
On Alioth all where member of the d-i group and could do anything with
the git repositories.  On Salsa there are actually different permissions
to the repos attached.

> I also haven't added Translators. Should they also be Developers?
> Alternatively, we can create a sub-team for translators if finer-grained
> access to repos is required.

It may make sense to have sub-groups for such special topics.

> - I haven't made any attempt to add -guest users, even those who might
>   now be Debian Developers but who stuck with their -guest accounts on
>   Alioth.

We can now give out access to single repos.

> - I haven't been able to add the various DD (emeritus) people who are
>   still on the Alioth project, for hopefully obvious reasons.

This is by choice.  Disabled DD accounts are also blocked from Salsa.

Bastian

--
Beam me up, Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here!