flash-kernel: grub support

Hello Vagrant,

currently there is no integration between between grub-efi and flash-kernel.

Two checks are needed to detect if grub-efi is working:

Look for the grub-efi file in the default places:
/boot/efi/debian/grub*.efi

Check depending on architecture if package grub-efi-arm or grub-efi-arm64 has been installed.

Checking only the package is insufficient because it does not automatically install the binary in /boot/efi/debian.

Checking only the binary is in /boot/efi/debian is insufficient because it is not removed if the package is uninstalled.

If grub-efi is detected we could write a boot.scr that uses bootefi to load grub.

What are your thoughts about this?

By the way I am currently using U-Boot and grub-efi to load iPXE (snp.efi) and to boot from an iSCSI drive on my arm64 system.

The necessary patches to get the UEFI implementation into shape for this should be in U-Boot v2018.03.

Regards

Heinrich