Re: some notes on util-linux takeover of eject

Hi KiBi,

thanks for your reply.

I've pushed a wip branch to
https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/pkg-util-linux.git/log/?h=wip/eject

The resulting binary packages look fine afaics, especially the udeb:

$ dpkg --info eject-udeb_2.30.2-0.1_amd64.udeb
 new Debian package, version 2.0.
 size 21764 bytes: control archive=2368 bytes.
     325 Byte,    11 Zeilen      control
      58 Byte,     7 Zeilen   *  postinst             #!/bin/sh
    4389 Byte,    69 Zeilen      templates
 Package: eject-udeb
 Source: util-linux
 Version: 2.30.2-0.1
 Architecture: amd64
 Installer-Menu-Item: 96000
 Maintainer: LaMont Jones <lamont@debian.org>
 Installed-Size: 61
 Depends: libc6-udeb (>= 2.24), libmount1-udeb (>= 2.29~), cdebconf-udeb
 Section: debian-installer

It's actually smaller then the old eject-udeb as I didn't include the
gettext translations.

But there is one complication: I noticed that eject in util-linux
currently linux only.

If we made the udeb linux-any, how would this affect the installer?

KiBi, is this a blocker in your opinion?

Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?