Re: Fixing the missing serial console after installation issue

On 10/01/2017 03:55 PM, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Ok, but are no there other, released, archs which also by default put
> the kernel console on ttyS0 like sparc64?

I'm not sure whether it's arch-specific, I would rather guess it depends
on the type of hardware used. On SPARC machines it happens, because a
virtual serial console device is the standard console provided to any
LDOM virtual machine [1].

We have also observed the issue with QEMU when using the "-nographic"
option and enabling a serial console.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz