Re: Debian local network install

On Sun, Jul 23, 2017 at 7:41 AM, Noam Davida <noamda@mellanox.com> wrote:

Hi Debian Boot team,

I need some assistant please,

I want to install a specific version of debian e.g 8.7 and not the latest 8.11 (if not mistaken),

When following the network install, I’m using the netboot files, pxe booting and getting only the latest version(8.11).

All I want is 8.7 install via local network and not accessing repos online,
Is there an option to deploy DVD and tell Debian to install from there(NFS/HTTP- locally)?

It has been a while since I used a cd as a mirror to install from, but with a couple aliases to override a file or two It did not give me much trouble. I used apache but any web server should work. I believe the cds are signed these days so that shouldn't be an issue, but if you have problems your preseed file can disable signature checks when you point it at your mirror.

I don’t want to install via ISO (CD/DVD) since it will take lots of time and I have many servers, so I need full automation here.

Any suggestions?

I always recommend ipxe, unboot, debian and a preseed. (disclaimer: unboot is my project.) You can also just do drive copies or the like.

It’s a major showstopper for our company, would appreciate your help,

Thanks,

Noam

Ben Hildred
Automation Support Services