Live Debian install and wifi

Has anyone taken a look recently at the wifi portion of the install process?

I have an old HP convertible laptop running with an Intel ProWireless 2200 wifi chipset. I tried using a debian live install a few days ago on it. When the install process came to configuring the wifi for the installation process, it looped. Specifically, it allowed me to select a wifi network, specify encryption, and specify a key. It then looped to selecting a wifi network.

The expected behavior would have been to loop back to the beginning of the network configuration stage, confirm the wifi network as operational by attempting to pick off a DHCP address from the ethernet port and the [configured] wifi, and continue with the install when it connected to the wifi network.