Re: Kernel config for jessie installer-i386 hd-media

On Sat, 2017-02-04 at 03:20 +0100, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > Sean Shapira <sds@jazzie.com> (2016-03-22):
> > Hi! Is there someplace I can get the .config file for the kernel
> > distributed with the "hd-media" version of the jessie i386 installer?
> >
> > (I have older hardware that wants the pata_legacy driver. I was
> > thinking that rather than building the module and somehow adding it to
> > the initramfs, I could simply compile the driver into the kernel. But
> > I'd want to get all the other kernel config options correct too!)
> >
> > Any help/advice would be appreciated....
>
> You'll find it under /boot in the usual linux-image-$(uname -r) package:
> we use the regular kernel in the installer.

That config is no longer suitable as a starting point for a custom
kernel, as it refers to a module signing certificate that is present
only in the source package.  However, the config files for all
architectures are included in the linux-source-4.9 (etc.) packages with
minor changes to make module signing work for custom kernels.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
A free society is one where it is safe to be unpopular. - Adlai