Re: Requesting for help

Thanks!

El vie., 29 de dic. de 2017 a la(s) 20:06, Andrew M.A. Cater <amacater@galactic.demon.co.uk> escribió:
On Fri, Dec 29, 2017 at 07:56:58PM +0000, eamanu15 . wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> Sorry if this is not the correct mailing list, but maybe you can help me.
>
> I have a Lenovo laptop with Windows10 native and UEFI. I read (really a
> friend) on various forums and tell that Debian installation is difficult
> on systems with UEFI. That is correct?
>
> Thanks!
> Regards!
> Emmanuel
>

> --
> Arias Emmanuel
> https://www.linkedin.com/in/emmanuel-arias-437a6a8a
> http://eamanu.com

Not a problem, particularly. You do need to turn off Secure Boot in
the setup. You can boot the install medium and just go on from there.

It's probably a good idea to back up any data that you want to keep in
case of any problems. It is also useful to know which hardware there is
in your laptop. It is easiest to install using a wired connection to
Ethernet.

The instructions on the Debian wiki should help. If you're really not
sure, it is worth booting with a live DVD to check how it works without
installing Debian first.

All the very best.

Andy C