Using kernel boot parameter that is deprecated in grub2

Hi list,

This mailing list seems more appropriate for this type of questions than debian-user.

I'm booting and installing debian 9 using a serial console.

After entering the boot command:

"install console=ttyS0,115200n8"

the following appeared:

"Undefined video mode number: 314
Press <ENTER> to see video modes available, <SPACE> to continue, or wait 30 sec"

This can be suppressed by  adding 'vga=off'.
However, vga=* is deprecated in grub2 and will make your newly installation unbootable. I would prefer not to have to manually correct this issue using rescue mode or so on...

The error given by grub2 after installation is:

text is deprecated. Use set gfxpayload=vga=off before linux command instead.
error: unrecognized number.
error: you need to load the kernel first."

Does anyone has any idea on how to avoied that prompt while keeping grub2 happy?

In other words: how can I use kernel boot parameter if they are deprecated in grub2?

--
John Doe