Re: Epochs in git tags

Quoting Cyril Brulebois (kibi@debian.org):
> Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org> (2017-12-03):
> > However, when changing the way you tag stuff in git, please discuss or
> > at least coordinate these workflow changes. Some of our tools currently
> > assume epochs are not represented in git tags, which breaks at least
> > l10n stat computing, but maybe other things as well.

I found the origin of the problem. It looks like it's this:

git commit -m 'releasing package apt-setup version 1:0.133' -a
/[master 436ef05] releasing package apt-setup version 1:0.133
 1 file changed, 8 insertions(+)
git tag '1%0.133'

The relevant command is "debcommit --release -a"

It seems that debcommit changed its way to tags releases with an
epoch: up to recently, the epoch was just dropped, but now it is used,
but ":" is replaced by "%"

That indeed explains why I "suddenly" changed my tagging method
without even knowing.....