Re: Call for tests: busybox point release updates

Hi Christoph,

Expanding a bit on my quick replies from yesterday on IRC, while I was
debugging & fixing a critical regression for the upcoming D-I Buster
Alpha 2 release (see #883361).

Christoph Biedl <debian.axhn@manchmal.in-ulm.de> (2017-11-27):
> in continuation of
>
>   #877258: stretch-pu: package busybox/1:1.22.0-19+deb9u1
>   #877260: jessie-pu: package busybox/1:1.22.0-9+deb8u2
>
> The busybox package has seen several issues¹ tagged minor/non-DSA, and
> eventually I'd like to fix these through the upcoming point release.
> However, due to private reason I couldn't focus on this as planned and
> wished - after loosing several days because of this I don't want to
> skip another point release - so I'm asking for review and tests
> instead.
>
> So, besides "Does the patch fix the issue", there's also wording,
> spacing, Debian BTS and/or CVE numbers that might be wrong or missing.
>
> Also: In the # mentioned above, SRM asked for a d-i RM ack. Can you
> provide this in time? My plan is to update the above bugs by Thursday
> the latest.

Mailing debian-boot@ for changes affecting d-i is definitely the right
thing to do, but cc'ing kibi@ as well is a good way to make sure I
notice any given notifications, requests, patches, etc.

Now, for these specific requests (which I noticed because I was already
a recipient of the stretch-pu and jessie-pu bug reports), there was
definitely no time for me to process them in time for the *-pu freeze
happening this week-end; reasons include travelling to mini-DebConfs,
release team sprint, debugging the busybox vs. environment variable
issue, the LVM one, and also testing glibc changes.

Handling those bug reports is on my short-term todo list, along with the
brand new systemd one; hopefully I'll manage to get stuff tested next
week.

Thanks for your work & for your patience.

KiBi.