Debian Installer Buster Alpha 1 release - Hardware support changes

Dear debian-boot list,

Thank you for bringing up an alpha installation release for Debian Buster.

I tried the netinstall version
(debian-buster-DI-alpha1-armhf-netinst.iso) in a Xunlong Orange Pi zero
device and it seems that the board is not booting up --both ethernet
LEDs are on. I attached a serial cable to troubleshot the installation
but I don't see any output (perhaps the serial console is disabled).

According to the 'Hardware support changes' section
(https://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/News/2017/20170903) in
the release post the Orange Pi zero system seems to be supported:
"Add machine db entries for various sunxi-based systems that are (at
least partially) supported in kernel 4.12 and u-boot v2017.07-rc3:
Banana Pi BPI-M2-Plus, FriendlyArm NanoPi M1, FriendlyARM NanoPi NEO
Air, Lichee Pi Zero, NextThing C.H.I.P. Pro, Xunlong Orange Pi Zero."

Does this mean that these boards be supported by the installer and if
yes how one can test the installation on these boards?

Happy to do any further tests if it is helpful.

Cheers
~Vasilis
--
Fingerprint: 8FD5 CF5F 39FC 03EB B382 7470 5FBF 70B1 D126 0162
Pubkey: https://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x5FBF70B1D1260162