Re: bts reassign 878722 partman-auto

Dear Cyril,

On 07.11.2017 08:12, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> Michael Kesper <mkesper@schokokeks.org> (2017-11-06):
>> I think this bug is specific to partman-auto.
>> Partman should allow rescanning devices and recognize NVMe devices when
>> preconfigured with /dev/sda.
>> Alternatively, there should be an installation target "largest disk" or
>> something similar.
>
> I'm not sure hardcoding /dev/sda as the target device is right when all you
> have is NVMe… Don't feed wrong info through preseed in the first place?

Yes sure but why can't I correct it after the fact?
Even "rescanning disks" does not let you chose any other disks.

> Also, “largest disk” doesn't seem too good an idea, as evidenced here:
>   https://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2017/11/msg00028.html

Is there a way of chosing "first internal disk" then?
Imagine I want to create one installation medium for laptops which only
differ whether they are set up with a NVM or a sata SSD.
I did not find any documentation helping me with this.

Best wishes
Michael