Re: testing fonts for gtk UI

Hi,

Jonas Smedegaard <dr@jones.dk> (2017-10-29):
> The Noto font might be interesting to use in the graphical
> debian-installer to have a uniform visual presentation across locales.
> Since bug#837926 Noto is used for Sinhala and I curious to explore how
> useful same font might be for other locales.
>
> I tried follow https://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/GUIFonts - the
> scripts at the bottom - but they seem outdated or insufficient: Current
> g-i ISO do not not contain the program gtk_font_tester.
>
> Can someone help me how to create font samples nowadays?

I'm not sure I understand your question exactly, but if you want to toy
with other fonts than what's currently used depending on the language,
have a look at the rootskel-gtk package.

It provides gtk-set-font, which you can tweak, either at runtime (easy
but not persistent), or in the rootskel-gtk source package (but then
you'll need to rebuild d-i to include it, using build/localudebs).

KiBi.