Re: debian-installer preparation for NanoPi M3 (arm64) please help

On Sat, Jul 29, 2017 at 11:52 AM, Rafal <fatwildcat@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm trying to prepare Debian installer for NanoPi M3 board. This is an arm64 device. I have a custom kernel package (which contains drivers specific to the board) and I'm trying to build network debian-installer (netboot) with a few additional local udeb's whose will install the custom kernel on target system and make the system bootable.But I can not cope with a few problems.

The first problem is that anna complains about missing kernel modules. The complain is completely unnecessary but I don't know how to avoid it. Is possible to disable the complain somehow?

Provide a kernel modules package.

Second problem I have with bootstrap-base package, It installs also kernel. It picks some kernel from Debian repository, but this kernel will not work. Is possible to avoid kernel installation by the bootstrap-base package?

 Provide a kernel package

Actually Both problems can be solved by packaging the kernel which provides a kernel deb and a kernel modules udeb which at the very least makes usb both fully functional and not use unnecessary kernel memory. The only times you don't want modules at all is on tuned setups for very narrow applications or for boards with no hotplug capability at all which means no usb which means at the very least the mouse will be a challenge.

Rafal

Ben Hildred
Automation Support Services