About preseed variable export

Hi all,
I'm having issues with an iso I built and that does not seem to take
into account my kernel command line preseed settings.
I saw on a working iso that the preseed settings get exported to the
shell I open to debug, but this is not the case for the buggy iso.
As I saw there is a env2debconf binary that does propagate the settings
to debconf, I assumed that I'm missing the export of my preseed settings
into the env or at least, that this export not being done is somehow
linked to my initial issue.
I grep-ed the is for 'proc/cmdline' 'preseed_aliases' and things that
could bring me to the parsing of the command line and export to the env. but
didn't find anything...
/lib/debian-installer-startup.d/ looked interesting but I didn't find
what I'm looking for there.
Is busybox, the kernel, .. responsible for this ?
Can someone give me an hint on what I'm missing ?
Thanks a lot,

F.