Re: Debian installer.

On Mon, Jul 17, 2017 at 1:20 PM, Mike Hosken <mikeph@csystems.co.nz> wrote:
> Let's try this again.
>
> I am trying to build stable install images for HPPA. I have built 'sid'
> images previously from Debian ports.
>
> The troubles I'm having is when I build the installer -
>
> It says while building that my mirror appears invalid and will not use it.
>
> When using the git checkout it gives two errors while building. The invalid
> mirror and it's the wrong kernel, as in not the stable but testing.
>
> I am hoping someone can help me with these questions.
>
> Is there a git repo for the stable installer ?  If so how do I check it out
As far as I know, git is only for unstable Debian-Installer (d-i)

> ? Or do I use the source package in stretch.
If you are building on *and* for (stable) Stretch on HPPA,

apt-get update
apt-get source -d debian-installer

> What changes do I need to make ( in the source code) to get Debian-Installer
> when building to trust my unofficial but signed repo to download the udebs
> etc.
Please look in
d-i/build/config/common

OR (dirty but works)

If you are only downloading your kernel & modules you may do a hack in
source of:
< https://packages.debian.org/stretch/base-installer >
and rebuild the udeb(s) and place them under
d-i/build/localudebs/

Might also work (have not tested) by

doing a hack in source -- by adding your mirror to be listed:
< https://packages.debian.org/stretch/choose-mirror >
and rebuild the udeb(s) and place them under
d-i/build/localudebs/

*Add* name of created UDEBs in proper format into list:

d-i/build/pkg-lists/[directory image]/*cfg

> Also what changes do I need to make again to source code to specify the
> kernel in my repo.
>
> Any constructive advice would be appreciated.
>
> Mike Hosken
>
> Sent from my iPhone

Best Professional Regards.

--