Re: Skolelinux / Debian-EDU: Images - too big!

On Fri, Jul 14, 2017 at 01:09:19PM +0200, Hans wrote:
> Am Freitag, 14. Juli 2017, 12:42:58 CEST schrieb Wolfgang Schweer:
> Yes, this is ok, but many desktop computers are not capable of booting from an
> usb-stick. However, there should be the possibilty added to boot from a cdrom
> and then somehow use the usb-stick. Or is this already possible?

See plop.at for related tools:

https://www.plop.at/en/bootmanager/plpbt.bin.html

or

https://www.plop.at/de/bootmanager/plpbt.bin.html

> Well I am using a small system for my testing purposes. Just a 64-bit system
> with 1 GB RAM, 2,6GHz CPU, 64-bit, 2 network cards and a 120GB sata drive. It
> is not a productive system, just for myself to lear about the installation
> process. 120GB should be enough, and debian-edu 8 was working well.

Even 64GB is sufficient… I suspect /var is filling up because many
packages have to be replaced with security updates. But this has
also been the case when I tried to reproduce it.

Wolfgang