Re: d-i-netboot-images package outdated (was Re: Debian Installer Stretch RC 5 release)

Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> (2017-06-13):
> On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 10:19:17AM +0200, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> > Known bugs in this release
> > ==========================
> [...]
> > See the errata[2] for details and a full list of known issues.
>
> https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/debian-installer-netboot-images hasn't seen an
> update in a while (and thus is unusuable due to kernel version skew), is it
> on your collective radar to update the package til Saturday?
>
> (Debian Edu uses that packages to support installation via PXE out of the box.)
>
> Shall I file an RC bug to make the problem more visible and known?

As mentioned in the announce: We're doing another d-i upload for the
release anyway.

Not that the latest d-i-n-i upload was a bad thing. It's just going to
be superseded.

(Last two items on my r0 checklist:
d-i
d-i-n-i after d-i

… and Karsten has committed the d-i fixes for i2c, so we should be go to
go for an upload; need to catch up with some more mails before that
though.)

KiBi.