Re: Debian Installer Stretch RC 5 release

On Tue, 13 Jun 2017, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
>  3. https://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer

I suggest that we add to this page something like this:

"Outdated system firmware (BIOS, UEFI, etc) may result in severe
misbehavior while installing Debian.  Before you attempt to install, it
is strongly recommended to update the system firmware to the latest
release available at the system vendor's support site.  This is
especially relevant for systems based on Intel or AMD processors, but it
is also important for other systems."

It should also be added to the "Installation HOWTO" and "Release Notes",
I suppose.

--
  Henrique Holschuh